These bars are great to pack in the heat – they won’t melt!
1/3 cup chopped raw almonds
2 heaping TBSP espresso beans, ground
1 1/3 cup rolled Oats (I use GF oats)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 cup chocolate or carob chips
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup smooth almond or peanut butter
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
– Toast almonds in the oven at 325 F for about 6-9 minutes.
– Stir all the dry stuff together in a bowl
– In a small pot on the stove, bring to a slow simmer: honey, almond butter, coconut oil. Stir to mix, then take off the heat and add the vanilla
– Pour the hot stuff over the dry stuff and mix until it’s all mixed up
– Spread out in a pan: 9″ lined with parchment paper
– Bake 350 F for 15 minutes
– Cool then cut into squares and freeze for later after you eat a few!