2 cups steamed smashed squash
14 big medjool dates
3 Tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup quinoa, oat, or brown rice flour
3/4 ground almonds
1/3 cup chocolate or carob chips
pinch of salt
1. Steam or roast your squash, a sweet tasting squash is best. Once steamed mash so you get 2 cups worth.
2. Soak the dates for 15 minutes or so unless they’re super soft.
3. Put dates in food processor until well blended then add the squash and maple syrup and blend again.
4. Mix up the dry stuff and then add the wet stuff to it and mix well. Add the choco chips and mix them in.
5. Spread into silicone baking pan (9×9″) or line one with parchment paper
6. Bake at 350D for 20 minutes
7. Let cool then cut into little squares and eat a whole bunch. Then put the remaining in freezer tupperware for future snacking. Best part is you can eat them straight from the freezer!